Ercoupe Battery Master Relay UpgradeAdd to Wishlist
FAA STC SA02601CH
Approved for Models: UNIVAIR (ERCO) 415-C, 415-CD, 415-D, E, G, F-1, F-1A Aircraft
Installation Overview- Printable
STC SA02601CH authorizes the modification of Univair (ERCO) 415-C, -CD, -D, - E, -G, F-1, F-1A aircraft to incorporate the installation of a high current battery master relay and low current control circuit.
This installation is accomplished through the addition of a high current master relay attached to the battery box, which reuses much of the existing factory installed wiring.
There are two methods developed and approved to accomplish this modification.
- Method 1 – Provide a battery box mounted master relay controlled by the contacts of the existing AN3023 - 2 battery master switch.
- Method 2 – Provide a battery box mounted master relay controlled by the contacts of a new AN3027-2 or MS35059-22 battery master switch at its current location or instrument panel mounted.
Material is supplied to accomplish either installation method.
- The following criteria must be met prior to the application of this STC:
- The aircraft is a Univair (ERCO) Model 415-C, 415-CD, 415-D, - E, -G, F-1, F-1A.
- The aircraft has a standard airworthiness certificate.
- The airworthiness certificate is in the Normal Category.
- The authorized aircraft serial number range is: All TCDS authorized serial Numbers.
- Previous modifications or applied STC’s do not preclude the installation of this STC.
Weight and Balance
A minor weight and balance change is anticipated and may vary by installation.
It is suggested that the actual weight of items removed and installed be used to develop the weight and balance calculation.
This installation is FAA, STC and PMA approved when completed, in accordance with the approved installation procedures.